2015 Section 508 Interagency Accessibility Forum: Sharing Accessible Solutions for Everyone
For Federal Employees and Contractors: On Line Registration Link
When: October 20th, 2015
Time: 8:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Location: U.S. Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave, SE Washington, DC.
Please join the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and other federal agencies for a robust and interactive conference focused on Section 508 Technology Accessibility and Inclusion. HHS with other Federal agencies invites you to participate in the Section 508 Accessibility Conference.
The Accessibility Forum is free of charge and open to federal employees and contractors who want to learn more about accessibility. During the forum, there will be an opportunity to learn, share, demonstrate, and encourage accessibility of electronic & information technology. Participants will have a chance to share best practices, learn about new technologies, and network with other federal employees to broaden the dialog concerning Section 508 accessibility and inclusion.
The agenda will include an opening plenary panel of several federal CIOs, a keynote dialogue with Google, and sessions for workshops. There will also be times set aside for visiting the exhibits.
The forum will feature many exciting workshops such as:
- Integrating 508 in to the Development Lifecycle;
- Accessibility of Social Media;
- Accessibility assessment within the procurement process;
- Developing an Effective 508 Program;
- FOIA libraries and accessibility – a discussion
And much more!
Sponsoring Federal agencies:
- Department of Health and Human Services: (DHHS)
- Department of Labor – Office of Disability Employment: (DOL/ODEP)
- Department of Transportation: (DOT)
- Federal emergency Management Agency: (FEMA)
- Central Intelligence Agency: (CIA)
- General Services Administration: (GSA)
- Department of Education
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Department of State
- National Council on Disability
- US Access Board