A compilation of federal and other guidance and checklists for planning and hosting meetings and events that are accessible and serve everyone's needs. Sources for these resources are identified by abbreviations for federal components.
Tools, Guidance, and Resources
- Accessible Meetings Events & Conferences Guide, July 2015: updated, digital version of comprehensive guidance from the National Network of Regional ADA Centers, a part of NIDRR of HHS.
- DC Government Guide on Accessible Meetings & Conferences, January 2013: comprehensive guidance with links to other resources from DCG. [pdf]
- Making Meetings Accessible, February 2010: instructions and guidance from CDC. [pdf]
- Accessible Information Exchange: Meeting on a Level Playing Field, April 2009: guidance on access to meeting sites as well as presentations, printed materials and other forms of communication from DOJ.
- Disability Etiquette, February 2008: timeless information and awareness-building resources from DHS. [pdf]
- Checklist for Planning Accessible Meetings and Events, March 2009: a set of practical checkpoints from DOT. [doc]
Abbreviations for Sources of Information
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DCG - District of Columbia Government
- DHS - Department of Homeland Security
- DOJ - Department of Justice
- DOT - Department of Transportation
- HHS - Department of Health and Human Services
- NIDRR - National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research