Federal Section 508 Coordinators are responsible for organizing and supporting the implementation of Section 508 within their respective departments and agencies and are appointed by their department/agency as the central point of contact for information concerning accessibility issues and solutions. A complete listing of Section 508 Coordinators is available at this site.
Understand your roles and responsibilities as a Section 508 Coordinator and scroll below to choose what would you like today to get help and resources.
What would you like to do today?
Implement Section 508 & Oversight
- Understand the law, the standard, the FAR.
- Understand my responsibilities as a Section 508 Coordinator
- Understand the needs of people with disability
- Create a presentation about Section 508
Determine how Section 508 Applies to a Procurement:
- Assist program office or internal development people to identify ICT deliverables
- Assist program office or internal development people to determine if Section 508 applies
Identify Relevant Section 508 Requirements
- Help program office or internal development identify detailed accessibility requirements
- Help program office or internal development understand their responsibilities under Section 508 for Maintenance and Service of ICT. (TO BE ADDED)
- Help conduct market research to determine the availability of an accessible product or service.
Develop Solicitation Language
- Help program office develop solicitation language, for:
- accessibility requirements,
- evaluation factors, and
- inspection and acceptance criteria.
- Help create accessible documents.
- Help evaluate vendor proposals against technical and accessibility requirements
Inspect and Accept Deliverables
- Help program office inspect and test deliverables against technical and accessibility requirements