The OMB Strategic Plan for Improving Management of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act aims to improve how agencies manage Section 508 and IT accessibility responsibilities by increasing transparency, strengthening accountability, and improving collaboration.
Federal agencies are required to report to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) twice per year on their IT accessibility/Section 508 program maturity and effectiveness. The CIO Council’s Accessibility Community of Practice and GSA analyze these reports to find ways to improve collaboration across agencies, reduce redundancies, and develop solutions to improve the management of government accessibility programs.
Who needs to submit a report?
Reports are required from all CFO Act Agencies, and recommended for all Federal agencies.
When is the report due?
Reports are due twice per year, on February 15, and August 15, 2020.
Is there a new reporting system for FY20?
No. GSA launched an online reporting system in early 2019, which agencies will use going forward.
How do I gain access to the online reporting system?
- CFO Act agencies: Shortly before the reporting due date, GSA will send login information to Section 508 Program Managers and other designated contacts.
- Non-CFO Act agencies: Shortly before the reporting due date, GSA will send login information to Section 508 Program Managers.
- Other federal agencies that wish to submit a report should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
How do I prepare the report?
- Complete the Mandatory 508 Program Maturity Metrics section for each of the five reporting requirements.
- Complete the website Compliance Metric per your existing testing processes.
Review the links below for guidance and reporting questions to help you complete your report.
- Assessing Program Maturity
- Rolling Up Metrics
- Measuring Website Conformance
- Review the OMB Reporting Questions
How do I submit the report?
The current round of reports are due February 15, 2020, unless your agency has negotiated a different date with OMB for receipt of the February 2020 IDC report.
Submit your information via the accessible online OMB Agency 508 Reporting tool using the login information provided to the designated contact(s) listed above.
If your agency has not received login information, and you wish to submit a report, please email us at email@example.com to request access
- Frequently Asked Questions about OMB reporting
- Assess Maturity of Your Agency’s 508 Program - Play 2 from the Technology Accessibility Playbook
Please direct questions about the template or reporting process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're always working to improve the information and resources on this website. To suggest a new resource for this or another page, please contact us.
Reviewed/Updated: December 2019