A Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT™) is a document that explains how information and communication technology (ICT) products such as software, hardware, electronic content, and support documentation meet (conform to) the Revised 508 Standards for IT accessibility. VPAT™ help Federal agency contracting officials and government buyers to assess ICT for accessibility when doing market research and evaluating proposals.
Government solicitations which include ICT will specify accessibility requirements, indicating which provisions are required to ensure the deliverable is accessible. A VPAT™ is a good way to address the accessibility requirements defined in the solicitation.
We recommend that vendors generate a VPAT™ for any ICT that’s intended to be marketed to the Federal government. Use the VPAT™ to make specific statements in simple recommended language to demonstrate how the features and functional characteristics of your product meet the Revised 508 Standards.
- Download the current VPAT™ template from the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) website.
- Make it easy to find your product’s VPAT™ on your company’s website (e.g., link to it on the product description page).
- Sell Accessible Products and Services
- Request Accessibility Information from Vendors and Contractors - Guidance for agencies on how to develop and document accessibility requirements
- Introducing VPAT® 2.0, the More Stringent Accessibility Reporting Tool Required for Government IT Procurement
- Navigating VPAT® 2.0: A Guide for Vendors
- Win More Business! Report Product & Service Accessibility using VPAT® 2.1 (MS PPT, March 2018)
Reviewed/Updated: April 2018