DigitalGov University Guidance
The following resources were developed by DigitalGov University.
- 508 Accessible Videos—Why (and How) to Make Them (June 2014)
- 508 Accessible Videos – How to Make Audio Descriptions (June 2014)
- 508 Accessible Videos – How to Caption Videos (June 2014)
- 508 Accessible Videos – Use a 508-Compliant Video Player (June 2014)
- Making Multimedia Section 508 Compliant and Accessible (June 2014)
The resources in this section were developed by Federal agencies, and shared here for your convenience.
- Provisional Guidance for Audio Description (AD) (September 2014) - Developed by HHS
- Multimedia File 508 Checklist (March 2013) - Developed by HHS
- Ensure video content includes synchronized captions.
- Carefully review and edit the accuracy and synchronized timing of the captions, even if captions are provided through automated captioning software.
- Ensure audio descriptions for people with visual disabilities are included in the default sound track, or as a separate selectable sound track.
- If you are providing a multimedia player to view electronic content, make sure the player addresses the software provisions in the standards.
- If you are providing a learning management system tool to help users locate and track usage of the content, make sure that:
- The system addresses the software requirements; and
- The electronic content provided through the system meets the electronic document provisions.
Reviewed/Updated: May 2018