How to create accessible Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
Guidance developed by the Accessible Electronic Documents Community of Practice (AED COP).
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Authoring and Testing Guide (MS Word, March 2019)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Testing Checklist (MS Word, March 2019)
Older versions of Microsoft PowerPoint
The resources in this section were developed by Federal agencies, and shared here for your convenience. Note, much of this guidance predates the Revised 508 Standards.
- PowerPoint 2013 Accessibility Checklist - Developed by SSA
- How to Make Your PowerPoint 2010 Presentations 508-Compliant (PDF, December 2014) - Developed by HHS/CMS
- Section 508 Quick Reference Guide – MS PowerPoint 2010 (PDF, November 2013) - Developed by HHS/CMS
- PowerPoint Document 508 Checklist (March 2013) - Developed by HHS
- Create Accessible Digital Products
- How to Make Presentations Accessible to All - Guidance from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Microsoft Accessibility
Reviewed/Updated: March 2019