How to create accessible Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
The Accessible Electronic Document Community of Practice (AED CoP) created this series of videos to explain and demonstrate the minimum steps needed to ensure your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation is Section 508 conformant.
Duration 43m 54s | 14-Part Video Tutorial
Learn how to use the Microsoft PowerPoint slide master to help others create accessible presentations. Understand how presentation templates can provide users with a variety of layouts and features that can reduce common accessibility issues when utilized.
Duration: 8m 18s | 1-Part Video Tutorial
The resources in this section were developed by federal agencies and shared here for your convenience. Note, much of this guidance predates the Revised 508 Standards.
- Making a diagram screen reader friendly - ONRR.gov
- Create Accessible Digital Products – Section508.gov
- PowerPoint Accessibility – WebAIM
- How to Make Presentations Accessible to All – W3C WAI
- Alternate Text For Images (PDF, July 2011) – Developed by SSA
- Review WebAIM Alternative Text for appropriate use of alternative text.
- Review W3C’s Alt Decision Tree for guidance on how to describe images.
- Microsoft Accessibility – Microsoft.com
We're always working to improve the information and resources on this website. To suggest a new resource for this or another page, please contact us.
Reviewed/Updated: June 2021